welcome to cloud + dataCloud Analytics in 60 Minutes
1. Set Up Start by learning how to set-up your connection between Snowflake and Fivetran. If you don’t already have Snowflake & Fivetran, follow the steps below to get your free trials.
2. Consolidate Next you will learn how to set up your cloud data pipeline using Fivetran to move data from Salesforce to Snowflake.
- If you don’t already have a Salesforce account with API access enabled, you can sign up at https://developer.salesforce.com for a free developer account
- If you want to create additional realistic data beyond what the Salesforce Developer Edition installs, you can leverage the Populate App at https://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N3A00000EO5smUAD
3. Prepare In this video you will learn how to add data modeling into your cloud analytics solution by reshaping your normalized Salesforce data into a useful format for analytics. You can leverage our pre-built dimensional model by following the steps below.
- In Snowflake, click Worksheets and open a blank worksheet.
- Go to the location below and copy/paste the contents into a blank Snowflake worksheet https://github.com/DecisiveData/ZeroToSnowflake/blob/master/salesforce/fivetran/dimensional/__install_dimensional.sql
- At the top of the worksheet, check the box for All Queries and then click the Run button.
- Download the starter Tableau file in this repository at https://github.com/DecisiveData/ZeroToSnowflake/blob/master/salesforce/tableau/Executive%20Sales%20Summary.twbx
- Click the Download button in Github to move a copy of Executive Sales Summary.twbx to your hard drive
- Open the file in Tableau. A login dialog will come up. Click the Edit connection button, and fill in your server, username, and password.
- Click Sign In and data should populate.